Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Static pressure with 15' of 4" hose on a cyclone?

I am looking into buying a cyclone and have narrowed it down to 2.
One fan curve is almost flat, while the second is much higher at low static
pressures and much lower at high static pressures.
The second vender says the sharply sloping curve is more appropriate, as 15'
of 4" hose hooked to a jointer will be about 4" of static pressure.
Based on what I have read in the past, I would have expected it to be more
like 8 or 9", and the flat curve is much better there. So, the superior
unit depends on how much static pressure I will be seeing.
Can anyone point me to documentation on this?