Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Talk Talk ?

On 2007-07-25 02:39:21 +0100, Weatherlawyer said:

On Jul 24, 10:59 pm, Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Jul 24, 4:37 pm, "

TT have been fine for me over the last 12 months.

That's it then. I will sign up no delay.

I am surprised that Talk Talk didn't go head to head with Tiscali on
he
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/new/complain/clist.shtml

No douibt that is because no one with the sense to use ISPreview would
use TalkTalk?

So why would they use Tiscali?

These review sites are of relatively limited value for several reasons:

- ISPs with a larger customer base will experience larger numbers of
complaints.

- There is no indication as to whether the problem related to a
complaint really is the ISP's fault or is that the customer has finger
trouble or expectations beyond what is being provided. That can be
because of over-marketing by the provider, or the customer not
understanding that speed and connectivity are not completely under the
provider's control.

- Like almost all things, the price that the customer pays heavily
influences what they get. For example, the entry level providers
tend to employ techniques such as traffic shaping, caching and other
contention methods. They don't invest in proper support. They
economise on peering and transit arrangements and go for poorer SLAs on
connectivity. All of this taken together adds up to poorer customer
satisfaction especially for customers who have been taken in by the
marketing, expect something for nothing, don't know any better and
have limited technical ability themselves.

- To some extent, the review sites drive the market. A provider
gets a good review or two or comes close to the top of a league. They
get lots more customers as a result. If they are then unable to step
up the provisioning and support, the service quality drops and people
migrate away. Then the provider gets acquired if they are lucky or
goes broke if they aren't