Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default For those who like Myth Busters

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:02:47 -0700, Brent
wrote:

Their science can be weak at times but we arent their target audience.
Their target audience is either younger or not hard scientific.

I DO give them respect for being the only show on television who takes
prode in the audience publicly calling them wrong and revisiting the
issues (A la Chicken Cannon)

Agreed hard science types are going to find it soft. But in all
honesty i hope at least several thousand (Hundred thousand hopefully)
people who wouldnt watch a science show or documentary at gunpoint
could enjoy watching the dummy get destroyed with an underlying
science theme

I like the idea of monster garage as well to show creativity and
craftsmanship Not for the stupid drama and arguments, Which it had to
entertain some audience members. (American Chopper and Hotrod are
about the arguments/firings and beeped out sections and NOT about
building cars or bikes)

And frankly I'd take Mythbusters over sitcoms any day when i do watch
TV (Ok i allow myself the simpsons on sunday evening) Taken in Context
of Talkshows, Sitcoms, Soap operas (American chopper/hotrod are in the
soap opera department in my books) Mythbusters are IMO near the top of
what passes for TV

But Take TV at whatever value or lack of value you wish.

Obviously YMMV

Brent
Ottawa Canada

Scrap heap challenge was good before it got "yankeeized", also full
metal challenge
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada