Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Chimney cap to flue gap seal

RichK wrote:
Thanks Bob,

Been to both and have not had any luck finding it. Can't even find it on
the net. Help Line from DAP suggested using their Polyurethane caulk, but
it does not spec temp anywhere. Guy said it's good up 200F, but I'm not so
sure.

Regards,

RichK

"Bob F"

Recently someone mentioned DEFY Chimney crown repair, which would work

I'm
sure, but it costs a bundle and I do not need nearly that much.

Can anyone recommend what I could use for this purpose?

They sell a high-temp silicone caulk. I've seen it at Lowes and H.D.

Virtually any RTV silicone is good to well over 200F.

I don't think there's any chance at all the temperatures at that point
will be a problem for any high quality silicone caulk.

How deep is this crack and is there anything backing it to help fill the
void?