Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default AFCI is buzzing?

Scott Townsend wrote:
I have an AFCI breaker in my panel and it makes a buzzing sound. Turn it off
and it does not buzz. I hold the breaker switch and it seems to be better,
but not gone. This is my first AFCI breaker, is this normal?

Not much plugged into it. We are still under construction, so nothing in the
house yet. Sometimes I have a ChopSaw connected to it. Would having the
ChopSaw on an AFCI degrade the breaker any?

Thanks,
Scott-

It contains a power transformer that may hum (60 or 120Hz). May be
normal depending on how loud it is. If it is too loud you may be able to
return it.

--
bud--