Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.physics,sci.chem,sci.physics.fusion
[email protected] hufaunder@yahoo.com is offline

Default Geiger Counter for X-ray Application

On Jul 24, 10:23 am, Vey wrote:

Since these are numbers going into FDA

reports the counter has to be calibrated

Might want to look at the calibration rules a little harder. The rules
could say that it has to be locally calibrated after shipment from the
factory. If so, you might want to call around to some local labs to see
what they say about this.

Thanks for the response. That's a good point. What confuses the heck
out of me is why the two units I listed are so cheap (like many
others, too). They cost like $400. An analog or digital unit from one
of the well known brands (Bicron/NDS/Ludlum) are huge and and cost
from $600 (analog)-$3000 (digital). Where does that price difference
come from and should I care about it (the functional difference, not
price difference)?