Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default OT and long, 2007 Tundra First tank of gas on the 5.7

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:24:20 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Well, I filled the tank on the new Tundra Friday night, 296 miles on the
odometer and a 26.4 gallon tank. The needle was very close to "E" however
the warning light had not yet come on. I will say that the gas gauge
needle on the 07 Tundra moves fast and immediately off of the "F" mark. I
was thinking 10-12 mpg for in town driving. I was hoping for more. The 97
Silverado, 5.0 was and getting an average of 13 mpg in town.

The pump clicked off at 19.2 gallons. I thought it shut off prematurely and
I squeezed the lever once more, it shut off again at 19.4 gallons. I new
that this was looking pretty good. Apparently with the needle "almost" on
"E" I still have 7 gallons of gas.

So, 19.4 gallons to go 296 miles in town on the first tank of gas. That's
15.25 mpg... ;~)

Be careful you don't break that egg between your foot and the gas
pedal. :~)

Frank