Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT and long, 2007 Tundra

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
et...
Leon wrote:
Where do you live that you are able to find/have a Toyota one ton?

Toyota sold a 7 1/2 foot bed, one ton pickup 'till ~ 1991 in the US.

The original "extra cab" was built on the long bed chassis using a
standard bed. Nowadays, I think the current Access Cab Tacoma, with a 7
1/2' bed, and 3 liter turbo diesel, on the Double Cab long bed chassis
would be cool. They sell it outside the US as the "Hilux"

Toyota loves to confuse people with the current Tacoma. The double cab
"long" bed is actually the 6.3' bed used on every other Tacoma. The
"short" bed double cab is an ultra short 5 footer, built on the Acces cab
frame.

I gotcha now. IIRC some of those older truck did look pretty stiff and HD.
I guess the confusion for me was that the trucks were still relatively small
on "cargo space" rather than cargo weight capacity. IIRC I remember seeing
a dually back then. I think that the T100 which evolved into the Tundra
simply had the benefit of room more so than weight capacity.