Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default OT and long, 2007 Tundra

"Jim Behning" wrote in message

First concept is this. Toyota called a truck that carried a ton a one
ton. US makers call a vehicle that can carry a ton a 1/2 ton. The US
manufacturer's current one ton can carry over 2.5 tons.

US. 1987 model that has a 5500 pound gvw and weighed less than 3,000
pounds empty. It came with 8 ply rated tires. Mine came with a 4
cylinder engine. The one ton had bigger brakes, bigger rear end, and
heavier springs. I ordered the towing package so it had larger
radiator and a different rear end ratio. The truck is rather bumpy
empty but pretty ok with 500 pounds or more in the back. It was rated
to tow 5,000 pounds. It did not set any acceleration records when
towing a horse and trailer but it did keep up with the 18 wheelers
crossing the pass in Tennessee. I guess they imported the truck for a
few more years and some had the V6.

I see. Thanks.
Also, I do see that a certain version and option of the 07 Tundra with the
big V8 can be had with the payload capacity of just over 2000#'s.