Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default For those who like Myth Busters

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 23:54:54 -0700, wrote:

Hey, I'm kinda on the fence about Myth busters.
Do they promote interest in science or do they encourage unscientific
experiments?

Have you watched the show? They're pretty obvious when they launch into
hard science, what with the claxxons and "Warning: Science content"
banner.

And from a kids learning about science while being entertained, what's
wrong with a "Hey, I wonder if I try this, let's measure and observe"
kind of thinking? Sure, most of what they do could be done faster and
more accurately by plugging it into a bit of math but, doesn't make for
such good TV that way.