Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pooreclipse@gmail.com is offline

Default tile thickness - door scraping

I am trying to avoid shortening the door as it's an expensive
fiberglass door and my door triming ability isn't very good. I would
have to move up the threshold too and that involves some destruction.

I checked and and beside the sweeper, on the threshold, there is a
horizontal facing trip of rubber to seal the door as well, At this
point I think it's not a big deal to remove the bottom sweeper because
my 2 car garage door has a bigger gap than this door.

So I think I am going to pull off the threshold and test again it
might all just work properly with 1/2" clerance.

On Jul 23, 6:13 pm, Oren wrote:

You might need to cut the door at the bottom...hope not.

Pull the sweep off; chances are, if like mine you won't find the sweep
local or they will be hard to find. I just put weatherstrip and new
sweeps on three doors in my house (10 year old...)

If you have clearance, plus calculating thinset - set the tile.

Find a sweep with a "L" shape/channel too screw to the bottom of the
door.

--
Oren

"I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."- Hide quoted text -