Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Wow! Electric Protect

HeyBub wrote:
My power company is now offering ELECTRIC PROTECT.

For only $47.88, they'll cover electrical repairs of up to $1000.00 per
year. This includes:

1. "A broken fuse box" - up to $975
2. "A faulty oven outlet" - up to $300
3. "A worn-out light switch" - up to $175

Their promo literature reads:

"What would you do if you flipped on the switch to your fan, computer, TV or
oven - and nothing happened?

"If you're like most homeowners, you'd first have to find an electrician you
trust who could also make an immediate service call... And the work may not
be guaranteed. Even worse, you could be looking at a bill of $175 or more to
repair a simple duplex outlet. Or $525 to replace faulty wiring to an
exhaust fan!"

I pity those poor souls in other parts of the country that don't have access
to this fine service. Without professionals available to repair a duplex
outlet, one might as well be living in a flood plain. With rain clouds on
the horizon.

Sounds good but also troubles me that electric company is often
responsible for these problems and one here always claims "act of God".
Well, if God kept those trees near power lines trimmed, we would not
have not had outages that cost me food spoilage, loss of a TV, microwave
and every surge protector in the house ;(
Frank