Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default crown molding on full overlay kitchen wall cabinets

Mikepier wrote:

Just out of curiosity, I was thinking since the cabinet doors cover
the whole frame, I would not put molding at all. The door itself
would pretty much hide where the cabinet meets the ceiling. I saw this
in a neighbors house and it looked pretty good. Anyone else not use
molding at all on full overlay cabinets?

This might work if your ceiling is perfectly level and perfectly
straight. Since most are not, the molding (or some other extra trim
piece) is usually scribed to fit the ceiling and serves to hide the
irregularities.

Chris