Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default crown molding on full overlay kitchen wall cabinets

On Jul 23, 5:13 pm, dpb wrote:
willshak wrote:
on 7/23/2007 4:46 PM Mikepier said the following:
I looked at full overlay kitchen cabinets ( no frame exposed) and
wanted to get this for my kitchen remodel. If I am installing the wall
cabinets to the ceiling how do you install the crown molding if there
is no frame exposed? I am assuming the cabinet would have to get
mounted a few inches below the ceiling, but is there a method of doing
this on full overlay cabinets?

Drop the cabinets.

Yes

...Install a nailing strip along the top of the
cabinets, either by gluing with a strong glue or with screws up through
the top of the cabinets.

Yes. Or by mounting it to the ceiling in line before hanging the
cabinets. (My preferred method).

--

Thanks for the inputs.
Just out of curiosity, I was thinking since the cabinet doors cover