Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

On 23 Jul, 08:23, "HeyBub" wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

- Well problem #1 is that you're using Google to read groups.

Considering it's the only server that I have ever had trouble with, I
think I'll stay with my current methods. Since I read these groups on
multiple machines, some of which I couldn't install a news client on
if I wanted too, I'm not looking to access these groups in different
manners depending on what machine I happen to sit down at. I've got
enough things confusing me already, I don't need to add another
one. ;-)

In any case. thanks for the info.

If you're on a Windows machine, you already have a news reader installed.
Outlook Express is part of the Windows distribution.

One of my machines is XP-Pro with a corporate image. The image is
scanned and updated by our corporate IT department. Since I shouldn't
be reading news at work, I'm not about to activate the newsreader in
an application that gets scanned and updated by our corporate IT
department.

At home on my main machine I use Mozilla Thunderbird to read my mail
and on another I don't access email at all. The only thing common to
all three machines, as well as the machine at my Dad's house and any
other machine I happen to sit down at is IE.

So, as I said, since this one site is the only one that has ever given
me a problem, and the problem is easily rectified, I'll stick with
reading the news via IE.