Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ZZactly@aol.com is offline

Default An electro-political rant

I don't really know where to start.

I think I shall start with this - Since big business bought our
government, it seems like it is open season on the American consumer.
I mean that 100% and invite anyone to refute it.

These people are not stupid either. Take the example of the Protron 30
or 32" LCD. You can't get a power supply for it. The name Protron
appears nowhere on the power supply. It's made by yHI and has a
completely an independent model number.

Now, if I were in charge of yHI I would make a bunch of extras and
just stow them away. Unless the contract specifically prohibits me
from doing so I would do it. Then just wait several months. Those
power supplies that they jewed you down to $40 each on, people are
willing to pay $150 now because they got this $800 TV that doesn't
work. (no offense intended to Jews, that is a figure of speech)

Why wouldn't yHI make some spares and just sell them later ? I can
think of only one reason. They agreed not to.

Does this cross the line into conspiracy ?

How long will it be before nobody can repair anything ?

JURB