Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default OT and long, 2007 Tundra

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Leon" wrote

I just unloaded 15 sheets of plywood out of it and, well, it was like
removing 15 sheets of plywood. ;~)

And that is a sad commentary on trucks in America today. That having a
sheet of plywood fit into the bed is a rarity. If you haul anything
around in a truck and if performs any real function , you need an eight
foot bed. A lot of people don't know this.

I have baffled many people by commenting on the limited utility of the
short beds on the purty, city boy trucks. They think I am some kind of
knuckle dragging neanderthal. I just tell them I am your average
PRAGMATIC farmboy.

Hmmmmm... I really like my '94 Silverado extended cab, short box. I've
never troubled over carrying 8 foot sheet goods, and I can still maneuver
the thing while plowing snow. Never saw the need for the longer bed which
only makes the truck longer than it needs to be. The reason that a lot of
people "don't know" that you need an 8 foot bed for a truck to perform any
real function is that they are fooled by their 6.5 foot beds doing such a
functional job.

--

-Mike-