Old Nick

Default MIG welder comparisons

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:35:53 GMT, "Laurel Crawford"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Thanks both of you. I "need" :) the welder to continue with my airplane
project,

Then if you are asking the advice you have, I would seriously suggest
learning from a class, or someone who has built a lot of planes
(successfuly flown of course! G), and practice after that.

so I'll be using it to weld flight control components from 4130
tube and sheet. Pretty light-duty stuff, mostly. I do foresee the need to
weld aluminum in the future, though.

Good light duty welds are harder than heavier ones. You are often
working right on burn-through to get a good weld.

I went on a guided tour not long ago.The guide got
us lost. He was a non-compass mentor.........sorry
.........no I'm not.