Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Strange fuse problem

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:12:47 -0700, Leslie K
wrote:

I have a wall in my house that is obviously overloaded as the fuse is
known to blow (maybe once every 3 months of so).

I was cleaning my stove today with a steam-type cleaner and the fuse
seemed to blow on that wall. However, when I reset the fuse, nothing

Are you referring to resetting the outlet? The outlet is NOT a fuse.
If that's what it was, that's why my previous answer was probably off
track.

came back on. I tried switching it out with another fuse that I knew

But if you are referring to an outlet, what do you mean, switched out
with another fuse?

Do you have fuses or circuit breakers in your fuse-box/breaker-box?

was good, and still no luck.

It is only the outlets on that fuse that aren't working. Any ideas as
to what could have gone wrong? I'm wondering if I somehow blew a fuse
on the stove itself and that is shutting down the circuit (it's on the
plug the further from the fuse box).

I know nothing about such things, so please be gentle Unless there
is an easy fix to try, I'll be calling in an electrician.

Thanks for any suggestions.