Posted to alt.home.repair
Leslie K Leslie K is offline

Default Strange fuse problem

On Jul 23, 3:23 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:12:47 -0700, Leslie K
wrote:

I have a wall in my house that is obviously overloaded as the fuse is
known to blow (maybe once every 3 months of so).

I was cleaning my stove today with a steam-type cleaner and the fuse
seemed to blow on that wall. However, when I reset the fuse, nothing
came back on. I tried switching it out with another fuse that I knew
was good, and still no luck.

It is only the outlets on that fuse that aren't working. Any ideas as
to what could have gone wrong? I'm wondering if I somehow blew a fuse
on the stove itself and that is shutting down the circuit (it's on the
plug the further from the fuse box).

I know nothing about such things, so please be gentle Unless there
is an easy fix to try, I'll be calling in an electrician.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Especially since you were using steam, I suspect that you may have a
GFCI outlet in that circuit and you tripped it. It needs to be reset.
This would be an outlet that would have two small buttons in the
center, with one being red and the other black or brown.

Thank you - I should have mentioned that the stove did have one of
those outlets (and as was noted in the next post, post buttons are
white) and I did try resetting it with no luck. I very much
appreciate the advice and I will try again, just in case.