Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Roundup For Weeds, Or... ? (what's really safe ?)

On Jul 23, 11:07 am, dpb wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"dpb" wrote in ...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
Probably shouldn't be prolonging this, but what the hey...
Glysophate and the formulations used (such as roundup) has been very
heavily tested. On a wide range of species [there have even been a few
low dosage studies on humans]. ...
I guess we'll just disagree on this. Until there is human testing (which
I'd like to think cannot happen), I trust none of it.
What about "[there have even been a few low dosage studies on humans]" did
you not comprehend?

And, if you trust no scientific study for this, how do you decide what
product of any type is "safe" for your use?

There's a point of reasonable caution and then there's paranoia...

--

No tests have involved long term exposure. And, believe me when I tell you
NOBODY volunteered their kids to be exposed to these chemicals.

That's not the question I raised. But, that it might have been
accidental exposure studied (and I don't know the precise provenance of
the studies he cites; I'm trusting Chris's assessment as accurate as
he's usually pretty careful) doesn't invalidate conclusions which may be
drawn from observations of effects.

And, as has been pointed out repeatedly before, there isn't
epidemiological data to indicate widespread problems with recommended
practice and usage and the particular herbicide has now been in
widespread use for over 30 years now. That's pretty much a definition
of long term...

As I say, you can be practical and reasonable about risks or paranoid.
There would appear to be far more serious potential threats than this
particular one to obsess over.

Amen to that. If one is scared to use Roundup then no chemical of any
kind should ever be used. Almost all of them are more hazardous and
that includes (already mentioned) table salt, paint, gasoline, soap,
etc.

Harry K