Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default source for carbon commutator brushes ?

robb wrote:

any suggestions on source for small carbon brushes (small quantity)

i did do a google search.... lots of mfg sites or for large quantity
wholsale purchase mostly for larger motor applications

looking for 0.220" x 0.220" by 3/4" long shuntless (just spring) size brush
for low rpm A/C motor

thanks for any help,
rob

Have you tried the local hardware stores? Several chains carry them
in those flip down drawers where they have oddball hardware, toggle
switches, springs and such. That size sounds like an old sewing machine
motor. That would be another place to check, if you have an old
fashioned repair shop in your area that repairs, rather than replaces
the motors.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell