Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tcovey tcovey is offline

Default Dropped my 36" Vega, no I have picture problems

When moving into my new place, my 250lb 36" Sony Wega XBR slipped out
of my hand and dropped a couple of feet. When it hit it made a soft
sound like crushing plastic or something...definitely crunchy.
Anyway, the TV powers on fine, and the picture is good except for the
fact that the image bows or dips from the top to bottom on the right
edge of the screen. It's particularly noticeable when viewing
letterbox content where the bottom of the picture is lower on the
right side than on the left. Does anyone have any idea what part I
broke, and more importantly, what it would cost to fix it? I haven't
had to repair a TV in years, do most places send a technician out, or
am I now looking at transporting this monster to a repair shop?

Thanks,
Tony