Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default How much for a pine tree?

Lightning is an "act of god" and unless it damaged your house by falling on
it, you may not be covered

"Terry" wrote in message
oups.com...
My mother had a car hit a pine in the front yard and she said that the
insurance paid her for it.

My home owners insurance has a 1k deductible with replacement cost.
Lightning hit a very old very tall pine tree at the edge of my yard a
couple of days ago. The tree was split from at least half way up to
the ground. I am pretty sure it killed the tree and it will have to
be removed. I was wondering how much I could get for the tree and if
homeowners insurance should pay to have it taken down?