Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Godd Ol' Government Side-step ( Riving Knives)

"dpb" wrote in message ...

It strikes me that
10 s is quite a long time for anything other than the tendency to reach
near the blade for making an adjustment, etc. It certainly won't have
much bearing even on reaching for a cutoff, etc., as that typically will
be well withing that time span if done as the common reflex-type action
of long experience...

Yes 10 seconds does seem to be quite a long time, even with a stacked dado
set.
That said however, in the commercial and or industrial setting the bigger
RAS's can spin up to 30 seconds with a single blade after being turned off.
Then again, ;~) since this pertains to any woodworking machine, I have a
very common sized 12" disk sander that spins for 60 seconds after being
turned off. I suspect that it would need a brake.