Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default How much for a pine tree?

on 7/22/2007 11:22 PM Terry said the following:
My mother had a car hit a pine in the front yard and she said that the
insurance paid her for it.

My home owners insurance has a 1k deductible with replacement cost.
Lightning hit a very old very tall pine tree at the edge of my yard a
couple of days ago. The tree was split from at least half way up to
the ground. I am pretty sure it killed the tree and it will have to
be removed. I was wondering how much I could get for the tree and if
homeowners insurance should pay to have it taken down?

Homeowner's insurance usually only covers houses and out-buildings.
The auto insurance of the driver probably paid for your mother's tree.
A 50' wild cherry tree on my property fell into my neighbor's yard
during a hurricane, taking down a section of his split rail fence. My
Ins.Co. didn't pay for his damage or removal of my tree. I fixed the
fence and had to pay to cut up and remove the tree. They did give me
$250 for food spoilage because we had no power for 72 hours due to that
hurricane.
Give your homeowners insurance and ask about your tree.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY