Scott Mills

Default Builders Skip - cost of,

"Witchy" wrote in message
On 10 Jul 2003 10:34:42 -0700, (Matthew
in Worcester) wrote:

Just paid £130 for a builders skip.
9 out of 10 companies I contacted charged £130; one £150.
Seems expensive way of getting rid of a load of rubble, which will
probably get sold on as hardcore.
Was I done?
Any 'skip' know-how out there?

Not that I know of; like others have said its down to the cost of
getting rid of the waste you put in the skip; I used to work with a
qualified landfill expert and he gave me the low-down on getting rid
of waste....basically it costs money. Up here in the frozen north it
still costs over £100 for a

depending how muych crap you want to get rid off, Wickes are selling 'a bag
that thinks it is a skip' for 6 quid. When full they will collect it for a
futher 35quid.

No idea how much it holds though as I only glanced at it, but 40 quid seem
reasonable for getting rid of some crap