Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default painting over embossed wallpaper

"dirt dibbler" wrote in message
ps.com...
My hall, stairs and landing walls are papered with a lightly embossed
wallpaper, flowers & a few shiny bits, excellent quality & papering,
but not quite suited to a bachelor pad!

As a short term fix, i'd like to paint over it, something neutral, but
I suspect the texture will show through, are there any modern paints
that will give me a fighting chance of covering it up?
I don't really want it to be like adrian mole's wallpaper!

I know ultimately, It wants stripping back, lining & then painting.
But even if I can paint it and i'm left with a bit of texture / flower
outlines, it has to be better than all the pink & purple flowers.

advice appreciated

Ta
DD

When we moved in here in 1964 the sitting room had a textured paper. We
painted it. The texture showed through but was interesting. Since then it's
been painted many times, the texture is still evident but not unpleasant, in
fact in some ways it's better than flat walls.

I don't understand about Adrian Mole's wallpaper ...

Mary