Posted to uk.d-i-y
dirt dibbler dirt dibbler is offline

Default painting over embossed wallpaper

My hall, stairs and landing walls are papered with a lightly embossed
wallpaper, flowers & a few shiny bits, excellent quality & papering,
but not quite suited to a bachelor pad!

As a short term fix, i'd like to paint over it, something neutral, but
I suspect the texture will show through, are there any modern paints
that will give me a fighting chance of covering it up?
I don't really want it to be like adrian mole's wallpaper!

I know ultimately, It wants stripping back, lining & then painting.
But even if I can paint it and i'm left with a bit of texture / flower
outlines, it has to be better than all the pink & purple flowers.

advice appreciated

Ta
DD