Posted to alt.home.repair
Marilyn & Bob Marilyn & Bob is offline

Default Horizontal light switch - which way is on?

"Steve" wrote in message
.128...
(Doug Miller) wrote on 22 Jul 2007 in group
alt.home.repair:

In article ,
(Dave
Martindale) wrote:
Steve writes:

How did you deal with the fact that the usual way of measuring
rotation in 2D Cartesian geometry is positive *counterclockwise*?

That was handled as an exception. I mentioned it in a part you snipped.
This was for sixth-graders, so it seldom came up, geometry not being
introduced for a couple more years.

And please don't tinker with the wiring in your house if you think
black is negative...

Mea culpa.
It's been years since I did anything with DC current other than replace
a battery, so I did a Google search for red/black positive/negative
before I posted. The first site I found said black was negative, and I
quit there. Stupid me for believing it.

Even though I make my living as a handyman, I tell every new customer I
don't do anything that requires a license. In Texas, that's mostly
electrical and plumbing installations.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

Black *is* negative for DC, but in your setting of standards, it is
important to know that black is the hot side in AC.
--
Peace,
BobJ