Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Can't do simple freaking soldering on brass pipe

" wrote in
oups.com:

On Jul 22, 6:19 pm, "
wrote:
You don't need to cut away the section. It does have to be cleaned
with emory cloth. The pipe couplings have to be equally clean.
Don't use water soluble flux. Don't heat the solder, heat the
joint. Keep the torch moving. One inch copper with propane is
tough. Good luck.

Ah...I am using Oatey H-20 water soluble flux. Should I make another
(fourth) trip to Home Depot and get some different flux?

Maybe a neighbor has some different flux. I may also need to borrow a
different torch. I've tried two propane torches (first one kept going
out). Maybe a MAPP or acetylene torch would work better, especially
on one-inch pipe outside in a breeze. Damn wind.

I'm about to just say "Screw it" and go buy some JB Weld. Would that
work? ;-)

Duct Tape...