Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Horizontal light switch - which way is on?

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:05:05 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

"kjvand" wrote:
We replaced that switch with a combination gfi outlet and
switch. The new switch has 2 horizontal switches stacked one above
the other, and when he installed it, it was positioned so that the
'on' position is flipped away from the door, and 'off' is flipped
towards the door. This seemed a natural way to have the switch go
on and off.

Yep, that's how I did mine as well. Makes sense; as you enter the room, the
switch moves away from you (is pushed on), and as you leave, the switch
moves towards you (is pulled off).

Yes. I have one of those (horizontal) switches, and it's turned wrong/
One of the things I need to fix someday.

Oh, and TP should come off from the top of the roll.

So it's easier to reach, instead of having the loose part hidden in
back. I say that because of the assumption the TP is there primarily
to be USED, not as an art object.

Jon

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov