Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default counter depth refigerator opinion

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 07:24:47 -0500, Nick Hull wrote:

In article ,
Mark Lloyd wrote:

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:47:37 -0500, Nick Hull wrote:

In article xOnoi.79$9A6.12@trnddc01,
"dadiOH" wrote:

My opinion is that *all* domestic refrigerators are too deep. Stuff
winds up being pushed to the back where it stays until it gets green
and hairy. IMO, 14" deep would be plenty. Shame they don't make
such.

Refrigerators should have rotating shelves to solve that problem

Limiting usable space to a circular area within a rectangular one
(less the additional space for the rotating mechanism), wasting a lot
of space which still needs to be cooled. You "save" space by wasting
even more.

Properly designed you lose little space. The rotating shelves
should have a flat spot facing the door, and the 'wasted" space
in the back corners could house machinery or even tall built in
shelving accessable when the flat spot is in the right position.

There would be a lot of POTENTIALLY wasted space in a rectangular
refrigerator. Is there really that much machinery?

Any particular reason why you mentioned only 2 or the FOUR corners?

That flat spot would either block rotation of waste space itself.

I have rotating shelves in my corner kitchen cabinets with very
little wasted space.

I can't tell that much without a picture. Note that pictures in ads
usually show very poor utilization of the space.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov