Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Some problems with my first vase

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 21:48:34 -0600, william kossack
wrote:

You're just gonna have to break down and buy one of those flex LED setups for
your gouges..

I have a laser rig. I love it. I can hollow faster. I know my
thickness and only cut through the wood when I want to.

I spend more time with the shape of my vase and less time worrying about
hollowing.

PS a good compressor works great for removing shavings and dust from the
inside.

Nah.. not the laser... I know that's a great way to know the depth and wall
thickness...

I can't find the damn link, but this is an LED light with flex neck and battery
pack, designed to attach to your chisel and light the bottom of the piece as you
work on it, as in finishing the bottom, etc...
Sort of a miners lamp for your lathe tools.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing