Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hamilton Small Bench Drill Press

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 13:49:23 -0700, Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Jul 5, 9:11 am, Gunner wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:24:41 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"

wrote:
I'll be goddammed, I got the exact same one! Was going to post on it.
Buddy was cleaning out his basement, and gave it to me.
Can you bleeve how much that thing weighs?? Good gawd.....

Notice the speeds: Fast and Faster: about 3500/7,000 rpm.

What I am going to eventually do is try and put on a bigger chuck, and
replace the motor with a 3 ph on VFD.
Easiest way I think to make it more usable/practical.

Seems a very fine, very well made tool, altho clearly not for big holes.

Don't know what to do about replacing that type of belt. MSC have'em?
What is the generic class of this belt? It's more like a band.

Haven't used it yet. Keep it out, tho, just to wow my friends.

I might..might have a manual for one, or access to a manual. They are a
very well made drill press and are good for up to about 1/4" bits.

I swapped one to a buddy of mine (minty+) for something or another,
having already (2) Delta high speed drill presses and a double Pratt &
Whittney drill press. All 4 being 3ph damit.

Ill swing in and see if he has the manual I gave him with the drill
press.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner- Hide quoted text -

Gunner...any progress on getting a copy of this manual for the
Dropbox?

Thanks

TMT

He cant find the manual, sorry. If and or when it resurfaces, Ill scan
and post to the drop box.

Gunner