Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken Weitzel Ken Weitzel is offline

Default Mains off warning

Allodoxaphobia wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:38:12 -0400, Not me ) wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:34:29 +0100, M.Joshi
wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any websites that have circuit diagrams
for a mains warning alarm that sounds when the mains is off?

We occasionally find that the circuit breaker trips for a circuit in
the kitchen and if left unnoticed, the food in the freezer could thaw
out.

I would be inclined to keep a nightlight on the cricuit.

I know you can buy specific freezer temp warning alarms at places like
Lee Valley.
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...120,33279&ap=1

Which would be good for when the power goes out *AND ALSO* when the
_freezer_ goes out.

Hi...

And though it doesn't address the specific question, put a frozen
ice cube in a closed zipper bag in the freezer. Should the power
fail while you're out long enough to warm the freezer's contents and
then come back on, the ice cube will be a puddle of frozen water rather
than a cube.

Take care.

Ken