Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Central AC Advice

"xModem" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:51:05 -0500, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"xModem" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:56:10 -0500, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"xModem" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:27:57 -0500, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"xModem" wrote in message
.. .

Group 1
15,000 units of brand A was improperly installed.
5,000 calls were made to this group.

Group 2
15,000 units of brand B was improperly installed.
10,000 calls were made to this group.

Group 3
15,000 units of brand A was correctly installed.
10,000 calls were made to this group.

Group 4
15,000 units of brand B was correctly installed.
5,000 calls were made to this group.

Who wins the survey?
Is the survey accurate?
Does it help you in determining which brand is better?

What if brand A and B are exactly the same product?

Wow, that's one huge sample. Almost as big as the CR one.

Bwahaha.

I knew you'd miss the point...

The point is, your sample size is laughable.

Do you not know how to make them numbers larger?

Sure. You need a larger sample set. It's the ONLY way. You can't

make
the
numbers "bigger" without surveying MORE PEOPLE.

Did you even look at the new larger numbers in my example... guess not!

It doesn't change the fact that group 2 and group 3 had more problems.
Not every system that's installed sloppily will cause a problem. The

clown
that put my Amana in should be shot and ****ed on. Hasn't caused any

problems
though.

2 and 3, can you not read a simple little example?
Geez, first I have to make the numbers larger, now you can't even read the
data correctly!
No wonder you're having problems understanding *why* the CR survey is
BULL****!

I made them larger to fit your bull**** report (look above).
Don't you feel pretty ignorant yet?

Don't you feel pretty stupid yet?

Yes in fact I do... I'm feeling pretty stupid for arguing with the
incompetent.

You are STATISTICALLY more likely to have problems with the lower

rated
furnaces than the higher ones.

Please tell me why the Tempstar is #11 while Heil is #7

Tell me again how these two brands are different...

No idea. Ask the 30,000+ people across the country who replied to

the
survey.

You have no idea, because it's the SAME ****ING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!
Same parts, same manufacturing plant, same employees, everything is

the
****ing same!!!!!!

So tell me how does 2 not equal 2?????????

IT DOESN'T MATTER in the context of the survey, idiot.

How doesn't it matter, if you want accurate results?
Tell me again how the same equipment gets ranked differently?

If a wide number of
installers of these systems are in fact hacks, then

STATISTICALLY,
you're
more
likely to GET one of them. The point is, these systems posed

more
problems
for owners, and STATISTICS show your installing these systems are

more
likely
to give you problems than the higher rated ones. There is

NOTHING
you
can
say
that can change that.

You didn't understand my example...did ya?
It's ok to say no... as I already know you didn't.

I understand you have no idea what a significant sample size is.

I understand that you can't take my example and change the numbers, so

have done it for you!

You must be twins. No one person could be so ****ing stupid as to make

that
comment. You can't "change" the numbers.

Just did in my previous post, are you to incompetent to find them?

Ask yourself these questions...

How old was each furnace?
Was they the 'top of the line' or 'bottom of the line' equipment?
Was each system maintained the same?
Was each one installed properly?
Do people have different ideas/standards of rating equipment?
Did everybody on the survey understand each question and comprehend it

the
same?
Did everybody on that survey get top quality service from their

service
provider?

Why did it only contain a few brands if it was so significant?
Why is the same equipment rated differently?

Your survey is CRAP, complete BULL**** and will continue to be

BULL****.

Repeating that doesn't make it true.

I see you don't want to address any of the questions that make the survey

JOKE!!!!

Still don't want to address the questions?

Here, I'll add a few more...

What if a manufacture was having a defect during a certain time period, but
that defect was found and corrected?
Does that change the outcome on the survey?
Or what if the new equipment isn't the same as the equipment in the survey?
Companies will often change a design that will show problems in a couple
months or years down the road, what if you have one of these units?
But wait, they corrected the issue... so, is their unit still trash?

How long do you want to drag this out?

The survey is a JOKE and *isn't* based on true facts. For that reason, you
will *not* win this debate!