Posted to alt.home.repair
CraigT CraigT is offline

Default What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 01:38:00 GMT, "aemeijers"
wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
.net...
In article , "CraigT"
wrote:
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/IMG_6627.JPG

There are no heat sources behind that wall besides a toaster oven that
sits
on the counter top and is seldom used. I would think any heat source
from
inside would have caused some damage to the cabinet directly above. This
is
new housing so the walls are insulated.

Solvent out-gassing from the recently-applied coat of stain visible in
the
photo.

I haven't used any chemicals on the deck since the spring of '06.

Sure doesn't look like it. Did you mean '07 ?

I think we have a winner here- that looks chemical, not heat-related. My
first thought was that whoever did the last stain job on rail got a glob
on
wall, and wiped it down with the wrong solvent to clean it off. Even if
the
solvent didn't cause immediate visible damage, it could have made the
plastic more sun-sensitive.

aem sends...

Acetone!!??

--
Oren

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A.
Edison

I did use something to remove some overspray at the time which was the
spring of last year. I think it was Motsenbocker's Lift-Off.