Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Dog problem

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 22:07:11 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:22:20 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:00:43 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:

Dave Bugg wrote:
Get a ringer to file the complaint; an out-of-town relative, etc.

You can do that, but what standing does the ringer have? How would they be
directly affected? If somebody who doesn't live near the poop-dude turned in
a complaint, it wouldn't get investigated. I would be thinking someone was
trying to pull a prank or has a grudge.

If he has another neightbor he doesn't like, he could use his name and address.
I doubt the county has more than a passing interest in *who* complains.

Sign the complaint and attest to the veracity of the report; using
another name? Come on!

One could probably use an address that doesn't exist. As to using
another name, there is generally nothing illegal about using another
name unless it is to commit fraud. It's still the person's name, even
if he just gave it to himself and even if it is not the one on his
driver's license.

In some cases, I'm guessing they may have laws about what name can be
used, but I suspect it is mostly about banking, and not about this.

Most states (or many) might have a requirement to _Record_ any legal
name changes.

As to attesting, I doubt that everywhere complaints requires
attestation, which implies an oath or the penalty of perjury. I'll
bet some places, especially places that haven't had many baseless
complaints, complaints can be filed by phone.

Given the Dog Catcher is a law enforcement officer; I suspect a
penalty of perjury would apply. It is an official law enforcement
paper and will become public record.

My county requires multiple complaints from neighbors ( 3 ) and these
complaints need to be in close timing/dates.

That might be true here about dogs being walked without a leash,
although I think it only requires 3 complaints by one person, but
that's because there is no evidence left behind.

Once they get out to his property and see the what's on it, they'll
have all hte evidence they need without any neighbor's cooperation.

I'm sure! The county officials need to see this mess. I applaud the OP
for "walking slow and drinking plenty of water". It will be Winter
soon and he won't be bothered - so much!

Heck, they issue search warrants on the word of anonymous tips, I
think, or maybe the tipster has to be known to one cop etc., but I
don't think even the cop has to know the tipster's real name.

Laws vary.

Yes.

Confidential Informants are often assigned a code name/number. Only
those needing to know the exact identity is required. A Judge will or
should at least require a "record of reliability" recorded by LEO of
the informant, before issuing a warrant.

I could call in a tip on water waste, but seriously doubt any real
action from the authorities.

--
Oren

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison