Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default buy or rent a tile cutter?

On Jul 21, 1:50 pm, Joe wrote:
should I rent a tile cutter from Home Depot for $40/hr or buy a cheap
one for $100?

At $40/hr, I doubt you'll even get it home, use it and get it back to
the rental shop in less than $100 worth of time.

At $40/day...Loews website shows a 4" for $58 and a 7" for $88. Are
you sure you'll get the job done and have the saw back the same day?
If not, you can buy one for less than a 2 day rental and not be under
any pressure to get the job done quickly.

If this is your first tiling job, or at least the first one where you
need a saw, do you really want to be rushed?