Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

CraigT wrote:
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/IMG_6627.JPG

There are no heat sources behind that wall besides a toaster oven that sits
on the counter top and is seldom used. I would think any heat source from
inside would have caused some damage to the cabinet directly above. This is
new housing so the walls are insulated.

I haven't used any chemicals on the deck since the spring of '06.

It not only looks melted, it looks burnt. Scary. What is peculiar is
that the melt doesn't look like it goes straight up, as if something hot
was set there and the heat would radiate and rise. Does the light
fixture have curved lenses that could concentrate and focus the
sunlight? Might take an alignment of all the planets for that to happen
) Kids been experimenting?