Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Martindale Dave Martindale is offline

Default counter depth refigerator opinion

valvejob writes:

I have the full size one and love it. In addition to sticking out,
I pull it out 6 inches from the wall so the condensor coils have room
to breathe.

I'm all for counter depth but make sure there is ample room to move
the hot air from the coils.

We bought a new refrigerator a month ago, and not a single one of the
units we looked at had exposed condenser coils on the back. Instead,
they all had fan-draft condensers down in the compartment where the
compressor lives. This allows the fridge body to be a couple of inches
deeper, with more useful space inside.

Dave