Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Need Air Conditioning Advice...

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 21, 12:20 pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:
It's summertime here, and although my air conditioner is "working", by
this I mean that cold air is coming out of it as I can tell when I go
downstairs. Having said this, it is still too hot in the second
floor. When I set my thermostat to 75 degrees, the unit still chugs
and chugs and the second floor never gets cold enough to shut the unit
off.

I think I "might" know what the problem is, but I'm not sure. I've
decided to replace the popcorn ceiling on the 1st floor, and this
means that there are some areas in the ceiling on the 1st floor which
are open, until I can put the gyprock up and ceil them off. This is
the only thing that has "changed" since last summer when the HVAC was
working fine.

Could this be the problem? I'm not totally sure exactly why as there
are ducts is taking the cool air from the HVAC to the first and second
floors. I can still feel the cool air coming out of the vents in the
second floor.

Having said this, is it possible that the cool air is leaking out of
the ceiling in the 1st floor now that it is open, and this is
preventing enough cool air from going to the second floor?

Is there a temporary solution til I can get the gyprock up?

Thanks
Sam

Hey man,
Be logical. If it was OK B4 you started working on the ceiling, what do
you think? Hurry up finishing it and see.- Hide quoted text -

It was fine last summer...not sure about this year. Something "else"
might have happened since last summer.

It might be ok, it might not...

Let me check the crystal ball and see if its got an answer yet...