Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Bill is offline

Default How Dangerous?

"T.J." wrote in message
I need some advice on this problem. I work with a guy who lied his
way into the job and has barely any real idea of what he is doing!!
the follow is a work order I saw of his.

"Breaker kept tripping put in another 20amp breaker and it tripped
instantly. Found a 30Amp breaker and installed it. circuit now
working"

Electrical wiring is done by following the electrical code and is done by
qualified electricians.

The electrical code is in place, because in the past, people have died from
fires or by being electrocuted. The electrical code has been updated and
changed throughout the years to PREVENT these things from happening again.

What you are saying is that an unqualified person is doing electrical work
for other people and is not following the electrical code.

Basically he is endangering other people's lives! For to not follow the
electrical code is to create dangerous situations. Dangerous to people's
lives and property.

This person should be stopped before he can do anymore of his handiwork. And
the people who had this work done by this person should be notified that
they have a potentially dangerous situation on their hands - that a
qualified electrician should inspect the work which was done and correct it.

It is one thing to do this type of work on your own home. Even then the
person would be endangering the lives of his family and those who might
purchase his home in the future.

But it is quite a SERIOUS matter when someone does this type of work for
other people. I'm not a lawyer, but I could imagine there could be stiff
fines for both the employee and the employer as well as potential criminal
charges.

I should think this should come to the attention of the local electrical
inspector and/or district attorney's office.