Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Central AC Advice

"xModem" wrote in message

Group 1
75 units of brand A was improperly installed.
25 calls were made to this group.

Group 2
75 units of brand B was improperly installed.
50 calls were made to this group.

Group 3
75 units of brand A was correctly installed.
50 calls were made to this group.

Group 4
75 units of brand B was correctly installed.
25 calls were made to this group.

Who wins the survey?
Is the survey accurate?
Does it help you in determining which brand is better?

What if brand A and B are exactly the same product?

Wow, that's one huge sample. Almost as big as the CR one. Bwahaha.

I knew you'd miss the point...

You're obviously out of your element with regard to surveys.
Let me see if I can dumb this down for you.

Are you talking about yourself again?

You are STATISTICALLY more likely to have problems with the lower rated
furnaces than the higher ones.

Please tell me why the Tempstar is #11 while Heil is #7

Tell me again how these two brands are different...

Doesn't matter if the installers of the lower
rated systems are ****ing morons with a toolbox consisting of a hammer and

tin
snips. Installation is all built-in to the results.

Which are inaccurate... but you don't care, Trane was towards the top and
that's all that matters to you.

If a wide number of
installers of these systems are in fact hacks, then STATISTICALLY, you're

more
likely to GET one of them. The point is, these systems posed more

problems
for owners, and STATISTICS show your installing these systems are more

likely
to give you problems than the higher rated ones. There is NOTHING you can

say
that can change that.

You didn't understand my example...did ya?
It's ok to say no... as I already know you didn't.

These statistics are incontrovertible. Your arguments from incredulity

and
arguments from authority (look those up), frantic hand waving, and general
attempts at obfuscation mean nothing. You can't change the FACTS.

If you call bull**** FACTS, then by all means, more power to ya.
But, if you want true results, you better wise up and re-read this thread
over and *try* to comprehend it.

I fully expect you'll come back with more "I know what I'm talking

about.",
"You don't know as much as me.", "This survey is bull****." remarks and

other
egotistical chest thumping. All of them utterly meaningless in the

context of
this survey.

If you want to believe a bull**** survey, then more power to ya.
But, if you want to portray it as an asset, then it shows you for the idiot
that you are.

You can drill it all you want, but a true professional knows BULL**** when
they see it!!!

There's no getting around it...