Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default How to make make a 12-foot piece of ply?

Thu, Jul 19, 2007, 3:23pm (EDT+4) (Phisherman) doth
claimeth:
I need a 12-foot by 8.5" piece of 3/8" ply. The box stores only carry
8-foot ply stock. * Already I have a 4x8' sheet of 3/8" ply. * Is it
possible to make a 12-foot piece? I have most common tools.

If you don't have some uncommon tools, you can't do it.

Get about a 14 foot log. Mount it on a lathe, shave off a thin
roll. Cut strips from the roll about 14 inches wide the long way,
shorter pieces for crosswise. Put together, with glue, apply a lot of
pressure. When the glue is dry, trim. No prob. Any other questions?

Or, you could do it in any number of simpler ways' but, since you
didn't say what you want it for, I'm not telling.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso