Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.sci.weather
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Whingers.

On 2007-07-21 18:58:59 +0100, Frank Erskine
said:

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:43:02 -0700, Weatherlawyer
wrote:

Looking at the news where some had been hit by 3 times the normal
monthly rainfall falling in one day, I heard one victim complaining
that the local council were not helping him.

Surely it ought to be his insurance company that should be helping
him...
(Not necessarily only financially).

Precisely.

Why people have the mentaility that some public sector organisation
should be obliged to help them rather than their taking responsibility
for themselves, never ceases to amaze me.