Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.sci.weather
John Hall John Hall is offline

Default Whingers.

In article om,
Weatherlawyer writes:
Looking at the new where some had been hit by 3 times the normal
monthly rainfall falling in one day, I heard one victim complaining
that the local council were not helping him.

As if council members and their workforce were not stretched to the
limit / in the same boat (so to speak.) It is the worst peacetime
disaster that emergency services have had to deal with. (According to
C4 news.)

I think that the North Sea storm surge of 1953 was even worse, but I
agree with your point.

Heavy rains and flash floods undermine foundations. So from the ground
up, there is a lot of ground to cover; to coin a phrase.

Yep.
--
John Hall

"I am not young enough to know everything."
Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)