Posted to alt.home.repair
ValveJob ValveJob is offline

Default counter depth refigerator opinion

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 04:44:02 -0700, Mikepier
wrote:

I am going to be remodeling my kitchen soon and one of the appliances
I was considering was a "counter depth" refrigerator to save some
space. I know the obvious disadvantage is the shelves are not as
deep as a conventional fridge, but I saw some on the showroom floor
and the differnece in shelf space was not that much. In particular 2
models caught my eye: Kitchen Aid and Whirlpool both make a 24.5 cu ft
counter depth fridge, almost equivelant to a 25 cu ft conventional
fridge. I was just wondering if anyone has a counter depth fridge and
what your opinions are. Thanks.

I have the full size one and love it. In addition to sticking out,
I pull it out 6 inches from the wall so the condensor coils have room
to breathe.

I'm all for counter depth but make sure there is ample room to move
the hot air from the coils.