Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Garage Electrical Install Questions

In article , Kevin Dressel wrote:

Yeah, I thought about the conduit through the masonry, not so much for
the reasons you're stating, but for the sharp edges comment.

Sharp edges are actually more of an issue with EMT than they are with masonry;
make sure you use a threaded adapter and a plastic bushing at each end of the
conduit to protect the cable.

Of course,
depending on the size of wire I need to pull through, I'll have to find
a pretty large masonry bit (I actually have one as large as 5/8", but
that's it). If I decide to go the subpanel way (maybe 60A) - and I just
might the more I think about it, I figure I'll need a pretty good sized
hole.

Star drill and a three-pound hand sledge... BTDT. Takes a while, but it does
work, and the good news is you only have to do it once.

Thanks Doug!

Regards,
Kevin

--